5.24.2005

Spending time in the Yay

This past weekend I went to the Bay area for the first time. It was lots of fun. I stayed in San Jose with Mia and we explored San Francisco - the Haight area, the downtown area, and the San Jose area. We went to this delicious Sengalese dinner on Saturday. On Friday night when I got there, we went to see Keisha Cole at The Sound Factory. I was excited because she can sing, and she can sing about some real things. But she just has to stay off that crack when performing. She was looking a hot mess, blond strangly weave, and definitely drunk as hell. But, she threw down and even bought a girl on stage. On Sunday we explored San Jose and had brunch at this bougie french place with this yummy drink of champagne and raspberry liquor. It was like creme de cassis and French bubbly. I had fun overall.

Highlights:
Athe the club, I got to see everybody "get stupid", "hyfey" and walk real low on the ground (sorry Jase for all the times I made fun of you).

The best part was when this guy, who was hitting on Mia, informed him that I'm wifey material "She has that calm, sweet, nurturing look about her. She's the marrying type" and that Mia was too much drama "She has that sexy, mischievous look about her. Too many issues". Damn, calm, sweet and nurturing....POLL TIME. Who believes these adjectives best describe me?

Then of course, cuz NYers get it everywhere, I had to hear some guys talk about how they visited NY and got in a fight in Bklyn, blah blah blah. I was not impressed, especially because the punk kept giggling and saying "I'm gave him the ole 1, 2".... riiiight, Bay area...stand Up?

I didn't make it to Oakland or Berkeley, so I hope to go back up and see those places. That was my weekend in the Yay Area.

3 Comments :

Anonymous Anonymous said:

now you know i have love for NYC, but the bay is the only place in this country doper than New York. show some respect. =)

5/24/2005 7:28 PM  
Blogger Jacque said:

Haha, I see you are currently getting "stupid" right now, my Bay area friend.

5/24/2005 7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said:

LOL - People always want to be "down". If only they really new about Brooklyn they wouldnt say those things

6/01/2005 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home