9.11.2005

NY Next Door

Rabiya and I went to Nobu Next Door last night. It was yummy, reasonably priced and was a bit disappointing in its normalcy. To be honest, Tribeca is so overstated, I don't know what to do with it. I've never really hung out in that part of town, and I have to admit, I gazed around in wonder, like a tourist, at the immaculate streets, high priced cars and overall ritzy whiteness of the place. It's kinda funny, cuz when ppl talk about celebrities in NYC, I've never seen the appeal. But I can see how the pop culture tourists/post college mannequins, like to move to NYC and hobknob with the other Non NY celebrities. I'll stay in Harlem.

7 Comments :

Anonymous Anonymous said:

i guess it's next weekend you're supposed to go and get fabulously smashed? :-)

9/12/2005 1:42 PM  
Blogger Jacque said:

Yep :)

9/12/2005 11:33 PM  
Blogger Jacque said:

Oh, and I guess I'm going back downtown to do it :). My actual bday is Thursday and I'm not sure what I'll do then. Maybe I can convince my mom to take me to dinner.

9/12/2005 11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said:

you're a twin, right? is your sister in NY too?

9/13/2005 12:20 PM  
Blogger Jacque said:

I am :). Nope, she's on the West Coast so we'll party together through our twin connection.

9/13/2005 6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said:

hmmm...is there really a twin connection? a psychic one?

9/13/2005 11:12 PM  
Blogger Jacque said:

Yes.

9/15/2005 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home