10.28.2005

A new Santiago

I've found another heart mate at my job. A co-worker who is also a mentor, someone who keeps it real with me, who is patient with my questions and most important, someone who lets me in on all the gossip and goods of the office. She's my new Santiago. I like her a lot because she's also training me and I'm taking over for her position. She has a lot in common with Santi. She's smart, focused, and an extremely invaluable part of the team. She can speak her mind, and everyone knows it because she does her job well. She's moving up and taking on some more advanced roles, but she still finds the time to help me out when I need it and to be kind.

I guess it was solidified when we went out for drinks after work today. She's so cool and we just spent time talking about life and our goals. I'm starting to like this job because of her, and I really appreciate her. She's just down to earth and she reminds me a lot of Santi which is great because I've been missing him lots and definitely missing my staff at PoCo. I was comfortable there and I was able to do my thing. I miss it a lot and she's helping to deal with that melancholy.

On a SA tip, I got a letter saying that they are considering my application for the MA, but that housing isn't available because my app was sent it late. Of course, I'm working to get that dealt with. If I can't get university housing, I gotta try to find some contacts in SA. Sonj, maybe we can chat?

1 Comments :

Anonymous Anonymous said:

:-) glad to hear the environment at work is picking up. :-)

10/28/2005 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home