9.28.2005

Day 3

From my new job!

I really like the people I'm working with, and what's most exciting is the person I'm replacing is just moving up to an Analyst position and she'll be literally working right next to me. So the transition should be pretty smooth and I can have her right here for reference until it's second nature for me.

Lots more Black folk here than at my last job. Ok, well the five Black people on the floor I happen to be working with, as oppossed to being the only one at the last office. We definitely need to stick together in corporate Amerika. I see this as good trainer for the real bullshit schmoozing I'll have to do once I'm J.D. squared.

2 Comments :

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Congratulations on working with Black folks. In my field and in my city, my chances of woeking with Black folks of similar age/interests are slim to none. Right now I'm working at an agency where I'm the only minority and the youngest by like 10 years. It's not hot. But, I do like the work I do. It's just killer on my social life.

10/09/2005 6:41 AM  
Blogger Jacque said:

Hi Quel, I checked out your blog, I can see I will be visiting there often. And yes, it's hard to find Black folk in corporate America who haven't reached the bitter stages or who are young enough to chill with. I feel you about the social life, because I just find myself hanging out with my Black friends from h.s/college, it's hard to meet new people. I'm hoping that will happen with my trip abroad.

10/09/2005 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home