11.27.2005

My Soldiers

They tell me that as a Black woman
I must recreate, procreate, or regenerate
the next generation of Black soldiers
for the ongoing war.
I'd rather facilitate the re-education or
propogate the rejuvenation of the current
Black children.

They'll be no 24 hour labor process
for me, I won't be pushing an 8lb boy out of my birth canal
shocking him to take his first breath
of contaminated sterile air.
I'll be guiding a 200 lb. man towards the door
urging him to find his place in a world of hate and greed.
A new kind of home training like:

How to demand respect, it's taken not earned.
How to deal with anger, in God's name violence
is the answer.
Ways to cope with stress, don't heat up yourself,
rather plot against the Man.
Success isn't measured by ass-kissing and cock
sucking, it's gained through rape, war and fear.
Most importantly, Study your fair Nation.

In my house, we'll say grace before dinner
Blessing our food and cursing our enemies, like
W and Cheney and Condi (do).
Condi, there's an example of a Strong Black Woman
She isn't afraid to pull the trigger - I'll tell my girls -
You shouldn't be either.
We'll study our foremothers: Harriet, Sojouner, Ida,
Angela and Assata.
We'll praise our forefathers: Nat, Rev. Walker, Frederick Douglass,
Huey, Martin and Malcolm.
United We Bomb, Divided We Fall.

I, too, believe in economic preservation.
If you're not ready to have a baby, don't have one.
We have the soldiers now, let's work on a new system
with a new prison,
where the Black benefit from the white.
We'll have a prison industrial system where dashikis,
skullys and du-rags are mass produced by the Crackers.

They'll be no blaming the Man for our poverty,
inequities or discriminations, in my house.
My boys won't have that negative vocabulary.
Freedom is now, we'll chant in tandem.
I am Freedom, I am Victory, I am Black.

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

<< Home