4.18.2006

Our Great Depression is our lives.

The first time I saw Fight Club was at Duane's house. He invited me over to "watch movies" (shut it) and he gave me the choice between Monster's Ball and Fight Club.

"Which do you think I'd like best?" I asked

"Monster's Ball," he replied.

I thought Monster's Ball was horrible for all the obvious reasons. I loved Fight Club because I thought the story was ingenious and the acting well done. It's also a great movie to watch when you're feeling depressed and want to get rid of your doldrums by thinking about how fucked up you really could be. (This is Nerase's common sense -- stop being melodramatic).

I stopped the movie at the lye part. If you've haven't seen the movie, I didn't spoil anything, but I will say that Myra was toned down quite a bit from the book. In the book she says to Tyler, "I want to have your abortion."

Well, stop reading this post and go rent the movie, or read the book.

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

<< Home