5.21.2006

Exhaling

I had a much better night last night. Although I got my period right before I went out (ladies, you know how that sucks), it was still fun.

L came over, we had lunch, talked chilled and then went to S's house for dinner. It was fun, we got to see her new place, meet her new roommates, eat (again) and chilll. We had this great tea, it was all natural herbs (with the h pronounced here), rosemary and some other stuff, that we just cut up, seeped in hot water, added some sugar and voila, tasty. I was a bit skeptical before I tasted it and then I was like, "Where can I get some of this?" After eating, we bundled up like we living in the North Pole and headed out to Tandoors. It was COLD, like about 40 degrees F, with some wind, but we walked since Tandoors is only about 10 minutes for S's place. It was so nice to walk around a city again like a normal person. Berea/Yeoville was pretty active too, unlike ghost town Braamfontein. Tons of corner stores (bodegas where I'm from), people selling food - sausgages and kebobs and snacks on the street, crazy drunk guys parked in the middle of the street with their hazards on dancing to their car radio's music. Lots of activity, and of course once you get to Rockey Street it's like bar after bar of good music of all types and lots of people dancing and having fun. It was nice.

Tandoors was on point too, the DJ was different from our Thursday rendition and he didn't kill the song by playing it 6 times (although the Thursday DJ is cuter). It was cold as hell though, so between warming ourselves by the fire (Tandoors is outside on a rooftop, just fyi.), playing pool and moving from one room to the next, we ran out of there before we had frostbite and EVERYONE bitched at least 5 times on the way back about how cold it was, even L, although he was mostly laughing at us when we first left, all like, "It's not FREEZING out." There was about 7 of us, so it was fun to go with a group of people. We left before the music was done and danced and sang down the street to the last song, before it got too cold and we needed to put our hands in our pockets. S says to me: "Everyone has their hands in our pockets but yours are crossed over your chest"...so I put my hands in my pockets so I wouldn't disrupt the group's vibe.

Who ever thought I'd be in South Africa freezing my ass off with a funky, friendly ass crew that I fit right into?

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

<< Home