5.02.2006

100th post


While finishing my senior thesis in college, I spent the last two months living off Black and Milds and Cherry Coke. Occassionally I'd smoke other types of cigarettes, whatever I could get my hands on, and I'd also get hit off of with some Aderol to keep my ass awake and jittery. College is a fucked up place where the spoiled elite go to expensive camp to nurture their minds in preparation for taking over Daddy's business, and the not so elite go to experience major culture shock and graduate with bitterness as they realize that their debt-full ass is now forced to either endure more schooling or a boring mediocre-paying job, to gain a chance at more than just surviving day to day.

At 2:03am, awake and working on a paper for Gender and Critical Theory in IR, I found myself longing for a taste of Black and Mild. I brewed some green tea, lit a vanilla candle from The Space and massaged by mood stone advertised to aid me in focus and tranquility . Instead of fighting the paper, I'm going to try to embrace it and work through the boredem/sleepiness without the aid of caffeine, nicotine or uppers.

Here's to a drug-free, intellectual me.

2 Comments :

Blogger sonj said:

as always, you're on point.

ps: why is the first i'm hearing about you smoking cigarettes????

5/02/2006 8:36 PM  
Blogger Jacque said:

i don't know, sone. i remember diamond being really worried that i wouldn't quit afterwards, but i did.

5/02/2006 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home